Message Title: One Another
Key verses: Acts 2:41-47, Heb 10:24-25
- Christian relationships are formed more effectively in circles rather than in rows.
In the Scriptures, we are commanded to:
- Love each other, pray for each other, encourage each other, admonish each other, serve each other, accept each other, honor each other, forgive each other, be committed to each other, bear each other’s burdens, rejoice with each other, and teach each other in the love of Christ.
- Discipleship happens in meaningful relationships.
Follow up questions from Sunday:
Icebreaker: As a child, who was the troublemaker in your family and who was the peace maker?
- Read Acts 2:42-47 and Hebrews 10:19-25, from these Scriptures how do you understand the Christian faith?
- How has your understanding of Jesus’ work on the cross encouraged your confidence in entering into the presence of God?
- Was there ever a time in your life when you “forsook” the assembly of believers? When was it and how did it affect your faith in Jesus?
- In what specific way can we spur another Christian on toward love and good deeds? How have you been spurred on by others in your faith? Please share.
- Whose encouragement has meant the most to you in your past? Can you think of a time when God used you to encourage someone else in their faith? What was it and how did it make you feel?
- How has God used your growth group/small group experiences in your past to get you to where you are today in your faith in Jesus?