WCC WORSHIP SERVICE OPENING GUIDELINES
In an effort to prepare for the church opening, the following guidelines have been established to determine who is safe to come to church, and who is recommended to stay at home. Included below are conditions designed to ensure a safe worship experience:
Who are we recommending to stay home?
- Children 5 years old and below.
- Those with serious underlying health conditions – heart and lung disease, diabetes, and those who are immunocompromised.
- Those with symptoms of sickness – fever, cough, colds, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, chills, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and muscle pain.
- Those who have recently traveled out of the country within the last 14 days.
Who do we recommend to proceed with caution depending on your health condition?
- Senior Citizens 65 years old and above.
Who do we allow to come to church?
- Those in relatively good health.
- Those with no symptoms of sickness or illness.
- Those willing to abide by the guidelines for safe distancing and sanitation protocols.
- Elementary school age children and above (we expect parents to explain these guidelines and supervise their children at all times). There will be NO separate Children or High School Program. Families will all be seated together in the Worship Service.
General guidelines for church attendance:
- Please check the temperature of every member of your party prior to coming to church, to ensure that no one is sick.
- We ask people to come at least 30 minutes before the start of the service.
- Bring and wear your personal mask at all times within the premises (if you don’t bring a mask, one will be provided).
- Maintain at least 6 feet safe distancing. Floor markers are available.
- No congregating in public areas – courtyard, lobby, restrooms.
- No physical contact (hugging, shaking hands). Waving to one another is just as good.
- Please pre-register at our church website and be aware of the guidelines, seating arrangements and new procedures.
- Your temperature will be taken as you enter.
- Seating arrangements will be assigned at the registration table at the church entrance. Seats will be numbered, labeled and color-coded. Families will be seated together. Seating will be every 3 seats, and every other row. Ushers will be at their posts to assist churchgoers where to be seated.
- Church Bulletins will be given at the registration table, together with your seating assignment.
- Follow the flow of people as directed; from the entrance, to seating, and as you exit. Ushers will guide the people flow.
- At the end of the Worship Service, instructions will be given so people can be dismissed in an orderly fashion, row by row. Please wait for your row and section to be called by the ushers.
Other new procedures:
- Offering – several offering boxes will be strategically placed throughout the church.
- Communion – individually sealed communion elements will be used
- Portions of the courtyard will be sealed off.
- Use of toilets – follow the directional signs pointing to the toilet entrance and exit.
- We will not be serving coffee or any food items. Bottled water will be available at certain locations.
- Last but not least, use hand sanitizer and wash your hands often (hand sanitizers available at various locations).