Message Title: Children of God
Series: Romans 8
Apostle Paul gives several reasons why we cannot continue being slaves of sin.
- We have a debt of gratitude to God to live according to His Spirit. (Rom 8:12)
- Living according to the flesh will destroy you. (Rom 8:13)
- We are now children of God. (Rom 8:14-16).
- We are heirs to a Divine Kingdom that begins in suffering and ends in Glory (Rom 8:16-17)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Getting to Know You:
If you had a choice of parents, who would you choose?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read Genesis 3:1-6. How did the serpent (Satan) get Adam and Eve to sin against God? How does the Devil get us to sin against God today? What’s the similarity in tactic?
- Read John 5:18. How did Jesus address God and why did the religious leaders find that offensive?
- Read Romans 8:14-16. How does being a child of God set us free from the bondage of sin? What does fear do to us? How did Jesus deal with our fears?
- Read Romans 8:16-17. If we are heirs, what is our inheritance? Why is it important for the heirs of God to reflect the moral attributes of God?
- Read Rom 7:18-19, 24-25. Is there anything in your life that you find difficult to surrender to Jesus? Why is it hard to let give up or let go?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?