Message Title: A Wake Up Call
- The prophet Joel describes a locust invasion which he sees as a judgment of God.
- The prophet Joel has been called the prophet of revival and the prophet of Pentecost.
- The prophet Joel is God’s voice in the midst of suffering and confusion.
- The prophet Joel can teach us how to respond to disaster.
- How to learn from disaster
- They learned something of the provision of God.
- They learned something of the power of God.
- How to live with disaster
- Hold on to the hope of restoration
- Hold on to the promise of his sovereignty
- What does it take to rouse you from sleep: two alarms?
- What memories do you have of waking up – a cold shower?
- What is the closest you have come to experiencing famine or plague conditions?
- Describe a situation when you had a real “wake-up” call in your life and how did it affect you?
- What various groups does Joel address? (Joel 1:2-14)
- Why does Joel emphasize hearing and re-telling? (verses 2-3)
- The joy of Judah was linked to external circumstances. on a scale of 1 (never) to 10
(always) how often is that true of you?
- When your joy has withered, what or who has God used to renew it?