Message Title: The Testimony of a Bleeding Woman
Mark 5:21-34; 1 John 3:1
- The heart of Jesus is to make personal contact with people/you.
- The word daughter is a term of endearment, value, and identity.
What was her testimony?
- Jesus healed my body.
- Jesus gave me a new identity in the family of Messiah.
- At the core of our being is our identity as a child of God.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
What was the biggest crowd you were in? How did it make you feel?
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most memorable part for you?
- Have everyone in your group read one verse of Mark 5:21-34 out loud. What do you think these verses teach us about the person of Jesus? How can we know Jesus better from these verses?
- What obstacles do you think Jairus and the woman had to overcome in order to reach out to Jesus for help? What obstacles do you think people have to overcome today? What did you have to overcome?
- Read Mark 5:34. How important do you think identity is to a person? How do you think most men find identity? How do you think most women find identity?
- Read John 1:12; Romans 8:15; Galatians 4:6; and 1 John 3:1-2. Last Sunday Pastor Frank said that, “A Christian is not simply a person who gets forgiveness, who gets to go to heaven, who gets the Holy Spirit. A Christian, in terms of their deepest identity, is a saint, a born-again child of God. Being a Christian is not just getting something, it is becoming someone.” How do you think this truth should affect a person’s life? How has it affected your life?
- Read out loud 1 John 3:1 as a group. Do your best to memorize it this week.
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?
Please pray that this message series will impact people’s lives, especially as each person is processing and thinking through their own testimony of Jesus and how they can be sharing it with others.