Message Title: A Silent Night, A Not So Silent Day
Luke 4:14-21; Isaiah 61:1-2
Comparing Jesus’ First Coming to His second:
- In His First Coming, there were sporadic angelic appearances.
- At His Second, there will be an angelic army.
- In His First Coming, He came in weakness and humility.
- At His Second Coming, it will be in power and great glory.
- In His First Coming, He is the Lamb of God sent to save us.
- At His Second Coming, He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah sent to rule over His creation.
- In His First Coming, few were there to meet
- At His Second Coming, the kingdoms of the world will come to meet Him.
- There are more prophecies about His Second Coming recorded in the Scriptures than His First.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
- Read Lk 1:1-22. What do these passages tell you about angels and the personality of the angel Gabriel?
- Read Lk 2:8-15. What do these passages tell you about angels?
- Read Daniel 10:4-21. What do these passages tell you about angels?
Thank God this week for the good things He has done and continues to do in your life.