- The third Christmas prophecy found in the book of Isaiah deals with how we are to prepare for the Christmas child.
- Without humble repentance in our hearts, we will never meet Jesus!
- The reward of the Christmas Child is peace with God and forgiveness of sin.
- Jesus is the perfect balance of strength and tenderness.
What is the purpose of the prophetic sign of Isaiah 40 for your life?
- The God of Israel is real; He is with you; Believe and follow Him.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s topic:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the
most meaningful part for you?
1. Read Isaiah 40:1-11. What do these passages say about John the Baptist, Jesus, and you?
2. Why do you think people reject Jesus?
3. When did you first come face to face with your own flaws, faults, and sins? Why is this so important to God that we do this? What are the consequences if we don’t?
4. Read Isaiah 40:11; John 10:11-15. How has Jesus shown Himself to be this in your life lately?