Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
1. Read Isaiah 40:1,3,9; Mark 1:7. What was the ministry of John the Baptist? How does he prepare people to meet Jesus? Do you believe his ministry is still important today in helping people prepare to meet Jesus? If so, in what ways?
2. Read Isaiah 40:10-11; John 10:11-15. What do these verses speak about the heart and ministry of Jesus? How have you experienced His touch in your life lately?
3. Read Isaiah 40:12-28. What are some of God’s questions in regards to Creation, knowledge, and nations?? What do you think God is trying to get us to realize in these questions?
4. How are you finding it hard to trust God in this season? Read Isaiah 40: 28-31 out loud. What is God saying to you in these verses?
5. Practically and theologically, how does one “soar like an eagle”? Compare vs. 31 with Exodus 19:4 and Deuteronomy 32:10-11. How is learning to hope in God like a fledgling bird learning to fly? How has God caught you when you have fallen instead of flown? In what ways is He teaching you to fly now?