- You have been given every spiritual blessing.
- You are holy and blameless.
- You are an adopted child of God.
- You are redeemed and forgiven.
- You have been given heavenly understanding.
- You are an heir to the kingdom.
- All these heavenly blessings happened to you the day you believed in Jesus.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
Share one thing you are praying that God will do this year in your life.
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
- As a group read Ephesians 1:1-23.
- When you were growing up in junior high and high school, what did you put your identity in?
- As you look around, what do you see most people put their identity in today?
- How important do you think “identity” is to a person’s life? Why?
- What do you think a person’s “perceived identity” provides for them?
- According to Ephesians 1:1-14, what does God say is your true identity?
- Which of these things is the hardest for you to understand or apply to your life?
Why do you think that is?
- Read Ephesians 1:17-18. What is it that Paul prays for in these passages? When were you first “enlightened” to your true identity in Christ? How did this happen and how did it change, or is changing, the way you think and live?
- When you reflect on Ephesians 1, what does it tell you about the heart of God?
Taking it Home:
Memorize Ephesians 1:18
Spend some time this week reflecting on and praying over who you are as a child of God. Ask God to help you understand who you truly are in His eyes. May you see yourself more clearly and live your life more powerfully as His child.
Pray for your group that the eyes of their hearts would be enlightened to know God better and to know their true identity in Christ!