- The idea of the church was a 1st century Jewish mystery.
- The Church Age is a message to humanity and angelic beings of the love and grace of God.
- Angels marvel at what Jesus has done for mankind.
- Paul’s prayers for us is that we would somehow see, understand, and live out God’s amazing provision for us in Christ.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
What is your favorite mystery show or movie?
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
- As a group, read Ephesians 3:1-13. How would you summarize what these verses are trying to say?
- What are some of the mysteries in life that God has revealed to you? Why do you think God allows mystery in the first place?
- Read Hebrews 4:16 & Ephesians 3:1. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how much freedom and confidence do you have when you approach God? Why do you think God wants you to approach Him in this way?
- Read Ephesians 3:10 & 1 Peter 1:10-12. What do you think the angels most marvel about when they see God’s love for us?
- As a group, read Ephesians 3:14-21. How would you summarize what these verses are trying to say?
- Paul prays that we would somehow be able to measure the immeasurable– to understand the love of God for us that surpasses knowledge. How well do you think you are on this journey of understanding the love of God for you? Please share.
- When you consider Paul’s two prayers in Ephesians (Ephesians 1:16-18, 3:14-19), how are they similar and how are they different to what you mostly pray about?
Taking it Home:
Memorize Ephesians 3:14-19
Trivia: Did you notice the trinity in Paul’s prayer?
Pray for your group that the eyes of their hearts would be enlightened to see the depth of God’s love for them.