- In Ephesians 1, Paul prays that you understand Christ’s power given to you.
- In Ephesians 6, Paul prays that you will be strong in the power of Christ given to you.
- The armor of God is a complete
- God forged our heavenly armor and gives it to His children.
- The belt of truth is:
- The message of salvation. Ephesians 1:13
- The person and teachings of Jesus. Ephesians 4:21, John 14:6
- The breastplate of righteousness stands for:
- The righteousness given to us from
- Righteous living.
- The shoes are the Gospel of peace.
- Faith is our Shield.
- Salvation is our helmet.
- God’s Word is our sword.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
What is the scariest movie that you have ever seen?
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
- As a group, read Ephesians 6:10-17. How would you summarize what these verses are saying?
- Read Ephesians 1:18-19, 6:10. What do these verses say the child of God needs to do with the power of God? How have you experienced this in your life?
- In verses 11-14, how many times does Paul tell us that we need to stand? Why do you think this is so important? What do you think will happen to a believer who doesn’t “stand”? Read James 4:7, what do you think happens if we don’t resist? Can you think of some examples of how this could apply to events in your life or people around you? Please share.
- Do you think there is any reason why truth is the first part mentioned in the armor of God? Why do you think truth is so critical in protecting Christians from the attacks of the devil?
- Read Matthew 4:1-11. In the armor of God, the sword is the only offensive weapon. How did Jesus use Scripture to unmask the lies and temptations of the devil? How has the Word of God helped you in this battle?
- What piece of armor do you need most in your life right know? What have you been struggling most with lately and how does this passage help equip you?
Taking it Home:
Memorize Ephesians 6:10-11
Pray for your group this week that Satan’s plans for them will be defeated in their lives. Pray for their strength in the Lord.