Peter’s advice in weathering a storm:
1. Reminders of truth strengthens our faith.
2. Make sure your faith is founded on eyewitness accounts and not fables.
3. Make sure your faith is founded on the miracle of prophecy.
4. Make sure your knowledge of God is accurate.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
1. Read 2 Peter 1:1-21. What do you think is Peter’s main point in these chapter? How would you describe Peter’s countenance in this chapter?
2. Read 2 Peter 1:12-14. How important is it that truth is repeatedly conveyed in your life? Why do you think that is? How do you go about doing this?
3. In the Message on Sunday, Pastor Frank said that people are willing to live for many things, but are only willing to die for a very few things. Do you think this is true? What things do you live for? What things do you think you would be willing to die for?
4. Read 2 Peter 1:16-19. Looking back on your life, what are the events that remind you of God’s power and glory?
5. If you could have been with Jesus at one event of His life, which would you choose? Why?
6. Read 2 Peter 1:19-21. Peter speaks about the miracle of prophecy as being another evidence of the truth of Jesus. What prophecies of Jesus do you think are the most amazing?
Taking it Home:
Pray that God will help you be firmly established in the truth you have about Him and who you are as His child.