1. The church is not a building, but a faith family built upon the person and work of Jesus.
In the Scriptures we are commanded to:
2. Love each other, pray for each other, encourage each other, admonish each other, serve each other, teach each other, accept each other, honor each other, forgive each other, be committed to each other, and bear each other’s burdens, in the love of Christ.
3. Jesus calls us to survive the storms of life in community together.
4. You need your Jesus family and your Jesus family needs you.
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most memorable part for you?
1. Last Sunday, Pastor Frank shared that he saw 2020 like a Covid storm that we are now sailing out of. In this analogy, what part of last year’s storm was the darkest for you? How did your church family help you in this season?
2. Read Mark 3:31-35. How do you think Jesus’ family felt when He said this and what do you think He is trying to teach about the future church? How has the Church been like a faith family in your life over this last year?
3. Read Galatians 6:9-10. Why do you think it is important to God that we give special love and attention to other believers?
4. Read Hebrews 10:24-25. Who was the last Christian brother or sister that stimulated you to love and do good deeds? Who was the last person you did this to?
5. What would you say to a Christian who doesn’t go to church, but only listens to sermons on the radio or social media? What would you say they are missing out on?
Taking it Home:
Pray that God will help you be an encouragement to someone else this week.