-It’s much easier to obey someone you know who loves you, as opposed to obeying in order that someone loves you.
-On what basis will you do anything for Him? Because He would do anything for you.
-The extent to which you obey God is the extent to which you know what He sacrificed for you.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
1. What are your favorite memories of your earthly dad?
2. How important is a father’s role in the family and in society? How has the failures of fathers impacted family and society in general?
3. Read Isaiah 54:10 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. How is God’s love different than human love?
4. Read Hebrews 11:17-19. How would you describe Abraham’s faith? What about his faith is worth emulating?
5. Where do you sense God testing or challenging you in your life right now?
6. What have you found to be helpful during times of trial? What could you use prayer for?
Taking it Home:
Pray for each other to deeply know and experience the love of God, and that this would result in deeper obedience to Him.