- You have to be in Christ in order for you to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:13-14
- Being filled with the Holy Spirit begins with your relationship with God, believing that He loves you as His child. vs.1-2
- The devil uses deception to keep you from being filled with the Holy Spirit. vs.3-7
- You unmask deception by turning on the light of God’s truth. Vs.8-11
- How can you be filled with the Holy Spirit? Believe your identity as a child of God, and then live like one. 15-20
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
Have you ever been scammed by someone? How did that make you feel?
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
- Is the phrase “I’m just a sinner saved by grace” an accurate description of the Christian? Explain your answer.
- Read vs.1-2. Paul exhorts Christians to walk in the way of love. Why is understanding God’s love for us so crucial in living the Christian life? How does Christ’s love for you motivate you to live a godly life?
- In vs.3-5, Paul enumerates several sinful behavior (sexual immorality, impurity, greed, etc.) that Christians must avoid. Describe each behavior and explain how it is manifested in society today. (Example: How is sexual immorality freely practiced today?)
- Read vs.6-14. Throughout the centuries, mankind has been deceived in looking for happiness in all the wrong places. Cite examples of things that people today desire but God’s word tells us will not satisfy. Explain.
- Read vs.18-20. Sunday’s message discussed the importance of having a healthy spiritual immune system in order to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Describe the practices and behavior of a Christian who is filled with the Holy Spirit. Why are these spiritual practices (or disciplines) important? Can you name and/or describe other spiritual disciplines?
Taking it Home:
What additional spiritual practices/disciplines can you incorporate in your life to help you grow in your faith? Discuss in your group how you can hold each other accountable and encourage one another toward spiritual health.
Pray for your group this week that they would continue to grow in their faith in Jesus.