1. One of the benefits of spending time alone with Jesus is that He will give you a perspective of heavenly joy.
2. Jesus was the most joyful person that ever walked the earth!
3. The joy of Jesus is not dependent on the circumstances of this world, but in the big picture of heaven.
4. There is a spiritual strength to heavenly joy.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
Icebreaker: What is one thing you are grateful for that happened to you this week?
1. How would you define joy? How would you define happiness? What do you think are the differences?
2. Read Luke 2:8-11, John 15:9-11. As Jesus was announced coming into the world, it was told by the angels that He was bringing great joy for all people. At the end of Jesus’ life, He speaks of His Joy being given to us and our joy being made complete. What do you think is so unique about the joy that Jesus brings to our lives? What do you think this joy looks like in practical ways?
3. Read Acts 16:22-30. If this happened to you, what do you think you would have been doing that night? Do you think you would have been singing and praising God? Do you believe that the joy Paul and Silas showed that night is a good example of Jesus’ joy being in them? Why or why not?
4. In Nehemiah 8:9-10, it says that the joy of the Lord is our strength? What do you think this means? How do you think this looks practically in people’s lives? How does this look in your life?
5. How has Jesus brought joy to your life? How do you think He will bring you joy for eternity? (Jude 1:24)
Pray to the Lord and thank Him for the joy that He has brought and will bring into your life.
Taking it home:
Read John 15:9-11 and meditate on the words in these Scriptures. Thank the Lord for giving you His joy and ask him to show you what you need to do to experience His joy more each day.
Here is some more scriptures for you to read and meditate on:
Psalm 5:11, 16:11,20:5,27:6