Following Jesus into 2020
- Defend against complacency, comfort, and (Mark 4:13-20)
- Discover and experience the power of testimonies. (Revelation 12:11)
- Embrace a heart for the lost. (Matthew 9:35-36)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
Share something new that is going on in your life?
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
- How do you think Christians from around the world view the American church? How do you think they should view us and pray for us?
- Read Mark 4:13-20. Concerning the 3rd soil, Jesus says that people hear the Word of God and accept it but things happen to make them unfruitful. What do you think is so deceitful about wealth and the desire for other things that Jesus is talking about? How do you think this can choke a believer’s spiritual life? What weeds (if not kept in check) do you think could keep you from being spiritually fruitful in your own life?
- Read James 3:1; Hebrews 13:17; 1 Tim 3:1-13. Why do you think God says this about leaders in His Church? How do you think the leaders and pastors feel when they read these verses? How would it make you feel?
- Read Revelation 12:11. What do you think is so powerful about the blood of the Jesus combined with a person’s testimony? Who was the first person you ever told your testimony to? How do you think it impacted your life?
- Matthew 9:35-36 describes how Jesus feels as he sees lost people. When you see people that don’t know Jesus, how do you see them? How do you think we should see them? What do you think Jesus would say to us about this?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?
Thank God this week for the good things He is doing in our church and that He will guide and lead us into what He has for us next year.