- Sin is the barrier to our relationship with God.
- Jesus removes the barrier of sin from our lives so that we can have a relationship with God both positionally and relationally.
- Confession removes the barriers to our relationship with God and helps us to hear His voice more clearly.
- Confession is that point when my mouth gives voice to what my heart knows to be true about my sin, no matter what the reason or cause, and without excuse. Genuine confession and repentance allows the soul to be most receptive to abundant, divine forgiveness.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s topic:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
1. In your reading of Experiencing God Unit Six Day One, what was the most impactful part for you? What did you underline and why? In step 6, the author talks about confession. Why do you think this is so important to hearing God’s voice? I John 1:9
2. In Day Two, what did you underline and why? What would you say was the most impactful for you?
3. In Day Three, what did you underline and why? What would you say was the most impactful and why?
4. In Day Four, what did you underline and why? What would you say was the most impactful for you and why?
5. In Day Five, what did you underline and why? What would you say was the most impactful and why?
6. Aside from your devotional time with the Experiencing God workbook, what are ways that you have experienced God in the past week including seeing Him at work, hearing His voice, or any general testimony to His greatness?
Share our memory verse with each other in your group.
EXPERIENCING GOD CHALLENGE:
Where are you seeing God at work? How is He answering prayer? We want to hear your stories about what God is doing in your life or the lives of others. How have you been experiencing God? Please share your stories with us by posting a public video, photo or status on Facebook or Instagram using this hashtag:
You can also tag us on Facebook using @Woodbridge Community Church or on Instagram using @woodbridgecommunitychurcwcc
John 5:17 – “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”