- At the heart of God is the desire to give, to forgive, and to serve! (Philippians 2:5-11)
- Healthy churches/people keep learning more and more about Jesus! (Philippians 2:5-11)
- Healthy churches/people seriously ponder in a personal way what Jesus did for them! (Philippians 2:12)
- Healthy churches/people produce healthy followers. (Philippians 2:19-30)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
Did you see the Passion of the Christ movie? If so, what were your impressions? How did it affect you?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read Philippians 2:5-12. What do you think is the intent of these verses when Paul says we need to “work out/or process our salvation with fear and trembling?”
- Did you ever experience a time in your spiritual journey with Jesus when Philippians 2:12 happened to you? Please share? Do you think this is a one-time event or a never-ending journey?
- When a person has truly processed who Jesus is and what Jesus has done for them in a personal way, how should it affect them? How did it affect you?
- Read Philippians 2:13.What do you think Paul means in this verse? How do you think this verse relates to what he said in Phil 2:5-8?
- Read Philippians 2:14-15. What do you think Paul is trying to say in these verses? What task is the most difficult for you to do without complaining or arguing?
- Read Philippians 2:19-30. What two or three words would you use to describe Timothy and Epaphroditus? Who do you think of that models these qualities today?
- To what degree would you call yourself a “spiritually healthy person?” Who do you think is the person that God has used recently in your life to get you to this place?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?