1. God calls all of His people to the unknown.
2. God is calling you to a life of trusting in Him, not certainty in favorable outcomes.
3. Do I believe that God loves me, is good, and is sovereign.
4. Your fears are directly tied to your idols.
5. Christ went into the unknown of God’s wrath for us alone, so that we never have to go through the unknown alone.
6. How was Abram able to walk into the unknown with confidence?
Abram was able to step out in confidence because He trusted God at
His word that He loved Abram.
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
1. What can be scary about uncertain seasons of life?
2. In which seasons of your life did you feel like you were walking through a fog? How did uncertainty affect you?
3. Read Genesis 12:1-9. How was Abram able to walk in confidence?
4. Read James 4:13-17. Why is it important to not make our own plans and assumptions of the future?
5. Larry Crabb in his book Connecting says that idolatry can take 4 forms, which one describes you?:
-City Builders: I must prove my worth
-Firelighters: I must be right
-Wall Whitewashers: I must be safe
-Well Diggers: I must be satisfied
6. Read 1 John 4:18-19. How does the gospel give us reassurance as we go through uncertain seasons of life?
7. Read Isaiah 30:21. What encouragement do Christians need from each other in community?
8. What fears do you want to relinquish to God? Pray together