Speaker: Pastor Frank Winans
Series: Prophecies of Christmas Found in the Book of Isaiah
Verses used: Isaiah 7:10-14; Matthew 1:21-23
- Jesus quoted Isaiah more than any other Old Testament book.
- 20 of the 27 New Testament books quote the prophet Isaiah!What was the purpose of the prophetic sign of Isaiah 7 to King Ahaz?
- “I am the true God who is with you, believe Me and follow Me.”What is the purpose of the prophetic sign of Isaiah 7 in the days of Jesus?
- “I am the prophesied one, believe in Me and follow Me”.What is the purpose of the prophetic sign of Isaiah 7 for your life?
- The God of Israel is real, He is with you, believe and follow Him.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s topic:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part
- Read Isaiah 7:1-16. What political situations was King Ahaz dealing with at this time?
- What do you think was the purpose of the prophetic sign that God was going to give to the king? How do you think you would have responded if you were the king at that time?
- What situations are you facing right now that frighten you? What forces are involved in this?
- Matthew 1:23 shows that Jesus fulfilled the prophecy in verse 14 far more than any child in Ahaz’s day could have. When facing a challenging crisis, how have you seen Jesus as “Immanuel” in your life?
- Why do you think God gives us prophecy? Read Isaiah 41:21-24; 42:8-9; 44:6-8; 46:9-10.
- When God says something is going to happen before it happens and then it does (like the prophecy in Isaiah 7 & Isaiah 53), how do you think this should impact our faith in Him? How does it apply in your life?