1. At the time of Isaiah, God’s people were seeking other gods in occult darkness.
2. The prophetic promise of Isaiah 9 is that God will bring divine light to His people once again.
3. The cause of this light and blessings will come through a child.
What is the purpose of the prophetic sign of Isaiah 9 for your life?
4. The God of Israel is real, He is with you, believe and follow Him.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s topic:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
1. Read Isaiah 8:19-22. Why do you think God is so upset with His people in these verses? What would you say is the root cause of their sin? How do you think this sin is happening today?
2. How does the New Testament interpret what these prophecies mean? (see Matthew 4:12-17; Luke 1:32; John 8:12)
3. Of the titles given in vs 6, which ones have you experienced in your life personally?
4. How has Jesus brought you peace in your life over the years? Lately?