1. Jesus began his public ministry after John the Baptist was arrested. (Matthew 4:12; Mark 1:14)
2. Jesus’ first message wasn’t recorded, but the reaction of the people was. (Mark 1:22)
3. Jesus’ first message wasn’t recorded, but the reaction of the spiritual realm was.
When Jesus started His ministry….
4. His message to the kingdom of darkness was “I am here, RUN.”
5. His message to humanity was “The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, repent!” (Matthew 4:17)
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most memorable part for you?
1. Read Mark 1:21-39. How would you summarize the beginning of Jesus’ public ministry found in these verses? What one-word descriptions would you give to this first 24 hours of Jesus’ ministry?
2. What do you think was going on in the minds of the people of Capernaum during and after the first 24 hours of Jesus’ ministry? What do you think would have been going on in your mind?
3. Jesus’ message to humanity was “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” What do you think Jesus meant by this? What do you think Jesus means by “the kingdom of heaven”?
4. Read Matthew 4:12-17. What darkness do you see in our society today? How has the light of Jesus’ Kingdom shown in your life lately?
Taking it Home:
Pray that God will help you to understand what the impact of His kingdom means to your life today and forever.