1. Jesus’ first miracle was in Cana of Galilee.
Who was Jesus’ first miracle given to?
2. Primarily to Mary and then to His disciples.
What does this miracle teach about the heart of Jesus?
3. He sees and understands our lives.
What does this miracle not communicate?
4. That we need to pray to Mary to get Jesus to do things for us.
5. Mary has authority over Jesus’ decisions.
6. Mary is in heaven right now instructing the Triune God in what to do.
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most memorable part for you?
1. Read John 2: 1-11. What do you think this first miracle teaches us about the heart of Jesus?
2. How do you interpret Jesus and His mom’s conversation in verses 3-5. What insight or history do you think these verses might reveal about their relationship?
3. When you Read Luke 1:26-38; Luke 2:21-39, what do you think were some of the most challenging things Mary had to deal with in being Jesus’ mom for the first 30 some years of His life?
4. What does Psalm 139:1-6 say to you about the degree of Gods understanding of your life? How do you think the truth of these scriptures should affect our relationship with Jesus?
5. Read Isaiah 25:6-8. This is a prophecy that will be completely fulfilled by Jesus in His second coming during the Messianic age. How do you see Jesus partially fulfilling this Messianic prophecy in His first coming? How does this passage reveal the heart of the Messiah for all people and how do you see Jesus fulfilling this in His ministry?
Taking it Home:
Pray that God will help you to understand His love and compassion for your life. Watch “The Chosen” episode 5 of Jesus turning water into wine. Do you like how they portrayed the interaction of Jesus and His mother in His first miracle? Why or why not?