Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
Do you know of anyone who was in a life or death condition whose life was saved because of the heroic acts of the attending physician(s)? Please share.
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, what was the most memorable part of Dr. Carr’s message last Sunday?
- Read Genesis 1:26-27. Based on Dr. Carr’s message, what distinguishes humans from plants and animals? Why is this distinction significant? What qualities of God do plants and animals not have? What does it mean to you to be created in God’s image?
- According to Dr. Carr, as a medical doctor, he is committed to treating patients and saving lives/improving the quality of life. Why do you think this is important? Why can’t we just let people die without attempting to save them?
- Dr. Carr pointed out that the fact that bad things happen to good people is not proof that there is no God. Do you think Jesus would agree with this statement? Why?
- The first Law of Thermodynamics (Law of Conservation of Energy) states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred from one form to another. Why does the existence of life give evidence for supernatural(divine) intervention, according to Dr. Carr? Read Genesis 2:7. Where does life come from, according to this verse? Where does life come from, according to the Theory of Evolution?
- According to Dr. Carr, from a medical point of view, the probability of a living cell evolving from a primordial sludge is essentially zero. (life evolving from non-life). Therefore, he concludes that atheists and evolutionists believe in miracles. Do you agree? Explain why or why not.
- Read Psalm 19:1-2. Dr. Carr illustrated the evolution of cars and the evolution of man. Why can’t man evolve from apes in the same way that the modern fuel cell car evolves from the steam engine car? How does complex design point to a designer?
- Read Isaiah 43:7. Romans 1:21-24. If the human race was designed by an Intelligent Designer, why is it important for us humans to have a relationship with this Designer?
- According to Romans 1:20-25, Hebrews 11:1-3, what should be our response to God’s self-revelation in the created order? What are the consequences for refusing to praise the Creator?
- How aware are you of the created world in your everyday life? What aspects of the created world is most inspiring to you? Why? How does it affect your understanding of God?
- In the future, if someone tries to shame you for believing in God by saying that they believe in science, what would you say to them?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?
Please pray that this message series will impact people’s lives especially our brothers and sisters attending or soon to be attending college.