- We get knowledge of God from the Holy
- Is a library of 66 books written between a span of about 1,500 years
- Was written by over 40 different people on 3 different continents in 3 different languages.
In the Bible there is:
- A consistent view of God, mankind, sin, salvation, a coming Messiah and Kingdom.
- Numerical consistency throughout.
- The Scriptures are from the mind of God. (2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- The Bible is awesome!
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Getting to Know You:
Looking back over your life in 2018, what are you most excited about? What are you most looking forward to for this year?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- On Sunday, Pastor Frank gave us an overview of what happened at our church last year and shared some things that will be going on this year. What do you think are some of the best things you see God doing at our church? What do you think are some of the most important things we need to do to keep growing as a healthy church?
- On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being best, how would you rate yourself as a healthy person physically, emotionally, and spiritually as you enter this year? Please share.
- When would you say you were the most spiritually healthy as a person in your life? What things were going on and what habits were you committed to at that time?
- How important would you say reading and studying the Bible is to your spiritual health?
- Read Psalm 1:1-3, Joshua 1:7-8. What does God promise to people who read and study His words in the Bible? How have you seen this to be true in your life?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Romans 10:17, John 5:39-40. What do these scriptures say about the origin and authority of Scripture? Can you think of an example of how the Scriptures have governed and impact your life in a practical way?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?
Recommend bible reading plans and devotionals from the Pastors:
Robert Murray Mc Cheyne The Bible Reading Plan.
The Bible in One Year by Nicky Gumbel.
Morning and Evening Devotions By Charles H. Spurgeon.
365 Days with Spurgeon
Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman.
Draw the Circle Devotional by Mark Batterson.
Day by Day with Billy Graham