Why did Jesus cry on Palm Sunday?
- Jesus came to Jerusalem on Palm Sunday and cried for a city, people, and a system that walks away from God!
- The fig tree represents God’s final judgment of a corrupt religious system.
After Good Friday:
- The Cross will now be the place where people deal with their sin and not the temple!
- The Cross will now be the place where people find forgiveness from God and not the temple.
- The Cross will now be the place where people are accepted, justified, redeemed, and embraced by God.
What does Palm Sunday have in common with the times we are living in today?
- God still has a way of getting the world’s attention.
- Jesus still weeps over lost humanity. (Matthew 23:37)
- Jesus still prepares people for heaven.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
Practice news media distancing and read the devotionals of the last week of Jesus life.
Pray that people would draw near to God during this time.