What do we know about Peter before he met Jesus?
1. He had a little brother that was more spiritual than him. (John 1:35-40)
2. Peter was not a disciple of John the Baptist, but his brother was. (John 1:35)
3. Peter first met Jesus at the Jordan River. (John 1:41)
4. Peter finally accepted Jesus as the Messiah and first follows Jesus on the Sea of Galilee. (Luke 5)
5. Jesus pursued Peter.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
1. Read John 1:35-43. How do you think John felt when his disciples left him to follow Jesus? What does this say about John?
2. What do you think was Peter’s first impression of Jesus?
3. Read Luke 5:1-11. What do you think Simon Peter was thinking in verses 5, 7, and 8?
4. As you read Peter’s spiritual journey in meeting, knowing, and following Jesus, what similarities are there to your journey with Jesus?
5. When was the first time, if ever, that you responded to Jesus like Peter did in vs 8?
6. When you read John 1 with Luke 4-5 we see a fuller picture of how Peter met Jesus and how Jesus pursued Peter. When you reflect on your life how did/has Jesus pursued you?
Taking it Home:
What do you think is Jesus’ calling for your life?