At Jesus’ baby dedication it was prophesied that:
1. He will bring salvation to the world.
2. He will bring revelation to the lost and glory to Israel.
3. He will be a sign that causes division among the Jewish people.
4. One of the problems Jewish people have with Jesus is His claim of deity.
5. The Scriptures refer to Christ’s deity in: Psalm 2; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; John 1:1; 1:18; 20:28-29; Hebrews 1:8; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; and 2 Peter 1:1.
6. Jesus’ birth is a sign that God is real.
7. Jesus’ birth is a sign that God personally cares.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
1. Read Luke 2:21-38. When Mary and Joseph went home that night, what do you think they talked about from the day?
2. In Simeon’s two prophecies, what was he predicting about the work of Jesus and His effect on people?
3. Do you know anyone like dear old Anna? How does she complement Simeon’s prophecy?
4. What do you learn about Mary, Joseph, Jesus and God the father in this passage?
Taking it Home:
Read and meditate on Luke 2:21-38 this week. How should this passage help us all prepare for the Christmas season?