Jesus says that 4 things will be happening on earth right before His Second Coming:
1. A global persecution of the family of Jesus. (verse. 9)
2. A great falling away of the true faith handed down to us by Jesus and His apostles.
3. An increase of wickedness in the world.
4. The preaching of the gospel to all nations.
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most memorable part for you?
1. In the sermon on Sunday, Pastor Frank shared that Matthew 24:9-14 wasn’t his favorite passage in the Bible. What are some of yours and why?
2. In Matthew 16:1-4, Jesus was tired of the religious leaders’ lack of faith and continued insistence that He perform a miracle. What signs should these spiritual leaders have already seen to show them that Jesus was the Messiah?
3. Why do you think they kept asking for signs? What sign do you think Jesus is planning to show them by referring to the miracle of Jonah?
4. In Matthew 24:9-14, Jesus talks about a global persecution happening to the Church, a great falling away in the Church, and a global increase of wickedness around the world as the gospel reaches all nations fulfilling the Great Commission. Pastor Frank thinks we are entering into this prophetic time and we need to get ready for this storm. Do you think he is right? Why or why not?
5. If he is right, how do you think we should best prepare for this storm? What do you think Jesus expects from us in this storm?
Taking it Home:
Pray this week for the persecuted Church around the world and pray for the missionaries sharing the gospel in unreached places as the Great Commission of Jesus presses on. Pray that Jesus will give you an opportunity to share Jesus this week.