Introduction – The Man and the Message
1. Nehemiah cared enough to ask- (verses 1-3)
2. Nehemiah cared enough to weep. (verse 4a)
3. Nehemiah cared enough to pray (verses 4b-10)
i) He praised the God of Heaven (verse 5)
ii) He confessed his part in the problem (verses 6-7)
iii) He claimed the promise (verses 8-9)
iv) He made his petition (verse 11)
4. Nehemiah cared enough to do something (verse 11)
Questions for Discussion.
Where is “home” to you? How long have you been away from your “roots”? Do you have any unfinished business to complete?
1. Discuss why you think Nehemiah is so concerned about Jerusalem.
2. What does his response say about his relationship with God?
3. Read Chapter 1:5. What can we learn about prayer?
4. Read Nehemiah 1:8-9. Discuss what point he is making .
5. What is your response to the spiritual state of our country and the church today? Discuss what you can do about it.
6. Has God always kept His promises? How do you know? Give an example.