Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
In which country would you least like to live and why?
- Looking back on last Sunday’s message, what was the most memorable part for you?
- Have you ever been persecuted for your faith? How did you feel? How did that happen? How did you respond?
- Read Matthew 5:10-11; John 15:18-21.According to Jesus, why are followers of Him persecuted and how should we feel and respond for being rejected because of our faith in Him?
- What does Acts 9:5 tell us about how Jesus views his people being persecuted? Why do you think that is?
- What does 1 Corinthians 12:26-27 teach us about how we should feel when other believers are persecuted?
- Read Acts 4:13-20. What is the relationship between persecution and church growth? How does fear of man immobilize the work of God? How does love for God bring about the work of the Holy Spirit?
- Do you think one day Christians in America will be persecuted like they are in China, India, and the Middle East? What do you think would happen to the church in America if this happened?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?
Please spend some time praying for the Persecuted Church around the world.