1. Understanding the Law is critical to understanding the mission of Jesus for our lives. (Lk 24:25-27)
2. Before Moses, God’s people had very limited knowledge of Him. (Ex 3:4-14)
What does the tabernacle communicate about God?
3. God is holy and set apart from mankind.
a. God’s holiness is absolute purity, unstained even by the shadow of sin. (1 Jn 1:5, Hab 1:13)
b. God’s holiness is the sum of all moral excellence.
c. God’s holiness is the most celebrated attribute of His nature. (Is 6:1-3, Rev 4:8, Psalm 89:35)
4. One main thing we learn from the law is that God is Holy and we are not.
5. Jesus makes you holy. (2 Cor 5:17-21, Col 1:22)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
1. Read Ex 3:1-5, What do you think it takes to makes something holy?
2. How do you think God’s people felt when He set up the Tabernacle and they began to understand what they had to do to enter God’s presence? When did you first begin to understand the holiness of God and how did it affect you?
3. Read Isaiah 6:1-3, Rev 4:8. What do you think holiness is and why do you think it is so celebrated in heaven?
4. Read Eph 1:4, Col 1:22, Heb 3:1. What do these Scriptures say about you?
5. What happened in your life that made you holy in God’s sight? Read 2 Cor 5:17-21, 1 Peter 3:18, Eph 2:8-9.
6. How should all of this make us feel about Jesus and what He has done for us?
7. How do you think this should affect our lives? How does it affect yours?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?