There are two types of predictive prophecy in the Scriptures:
- Going to be fulfilled.
- Jesus referred to himself as the “Son of Man” over 85 times in the scriptures.
Who is the Son of Man in Daniel 7?
- He appears before God in the form of a human being.
- He is of heavenly origins.
- He is given authority, glory, and sovereign power over all people forever.
- He is the Messiah.
How should Daniel 7 speak to us today?
- The God of the Bible is amazing.
- Jesus is coming again. Are you ready?
Follow up questions from Sunday:
Icebreaker: What animal scares you the most?
- How has Biblical prophecy affected your faith journey?
- What do you think are some of the Bible’s most amazing prophecies that have been fulfilled?
3. Read Isaiah 41:21-24, 42:8-9, 44:7-8. What do you think the God of the Bible is trying to
communicate to us in these verses?
4. Can you name some prophecies in the Bible that haven’t been fulfilled yet?
What makes you think that these will happen?
- Read John 3:13-17. Jesus was speaking to a religious leader named Nicodemus. What do you think
Jesus was trying to teach him about the “Son of Man”?
- Read Daniel 7:13-14, Mk 14:61-64. At Jesus’ trial, He was asked if He was the fulfillment of this
passage. From His reply, how should we interpret the sequence of this prophecy becoming fulfilled?
How does the idea of Jesus coming again and fulfilling this prophecy make you feel? How do you
think this should impact our daily lives?
End your time praying for each other.