What does Jesus say the world will be like before He returns?
1. The world will get worse before He returns, not better.
2. The Gospel will be preached to all the nations. (Matthew 24:14)
3. There will be a desire for peace and safety in the land of Israel which won’t happen. (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3)
4. Mankind will be destroying the earth. (Revelation 11:17-18)
5. Mankind’s knowledge will increase. (Daniel 12:1-4)
6. There will be an increase of plagues (Luke 21:11)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
1. Read Ezekiel 37:1-14. What does God say should be our response when He restores the nation back to life? How does/should the nation of Israel “being reborn” affect our belief in God?
2. Read Matthew 24:10-12; 2 Timothy 3:1-5. How would you compare this list to the times we are living in today? Which of these have you most recently seen in the news?
3. In Daniel 12:4, it says that in the last days knowledge will increase for all mankind. How do you think these prophecies have been fulfilled in our lifetime? How has the increase of knowledge and information affected your life in the last 20 years? What would you say are some of the most life-changing technologies that have affected the world today?
4. Read Matthew 24:7-8; Luke 21:10-11. When we harmonize these two readings of Jesus’ teaching on the last days, we understand that plagues will be a part of the birth pains leading up to the second coming of Jesus. The Greek word used for plague means pestilence or disease. Do you think Covid-19 is a fulfillment of this prophecy? Why or why not? How do you think we will know in time?
5. When we look at the times we are living in prophetically, would you say these are times of gloom or times of hope? Please share?
6. Read Matthew 24: 42-44. When Jesus ends his teaching on the signs leading up to His Second Coming, He tells us to be alert. Why do you think it is important to be spiritually alert in the days we are living in?