What does Scripture say about the Jewish people?
1. The Jewish people will be forced out of Judea twice. Isaiah 11:11
2. The second time they are deported, they will be brought back from all the nations. The four corners of the earth. Isaiah 43:5-6
3. They will once again live in their land. Ezekiel 37:21
4. They will rebuild their cities. Amos 9:14
5. They will not be taken out of it again! Amos 9:15
6. God will be praised and remembered more for this miracle than in the days of Moses. Jeremiah 16:14-15.
7. Israel being reborn as a nation is the greatest sign that we are living in the last days.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part
1. Do you believe this pandemic we are living in is a wake-up call to the world or the last-call before Jesus comes? Why or why not?
2. As a group, read Matthew 24:1-31. What does Jesus say must happen before He comes to rule? What has happened and what do you think still needs to take place?
3. What do you think Jesus means when he refers to these events being like birth pains in vs 8?
4. Read Isaiah 11:11-12; 43:5-6; Ezekiel 37:21; Amos 9:14-15; Jeremiah 16:14-15; and Luke 21:20-24. What do these verses teach about the Jewish nation? How many times was Jerusalem destroyed and the Jewish people taken into captivity? Do you know what years this happened?
5. According to Daniel 9:26-27, who else will be cut off besides the Jewish nation and temple?
6. There has always been a mystery in the O.T. that the Messiah will rule and reign forever (Daniel 7:13-14; Psalm 2) and yet the Messiah will be killed (Isaiah 53; Daniel 9). How is this mystery solved in the person of Jesus?
7. The Scriptures say that the Jewish people will be deported out of their land twice, but God will bring them back to their land. In 1948, this prophecy was fulfilled and in 1967 the city of Jerusalem and the temple was back in Jewish possession. What do you think this should say to the world and to us as believers?
8. If you could ask Jesus one question about either the Second Coming or the end of the world what would you ask? What do you think He would tell you?
9. As believers living in the days of this pandemic along with the fulfilled prophecies happening in our time, what do you think Jesus would say to us?