1. What does it mean to walk or live by the Spirit? There are two ways to live – the Self-life and the Spirit-filled life.
2. How do we walk or live by the Spirit? First and foremost we need the help of the Holy Spirit Himself.
3. What does it mean to keep in step with the Spirit? Daily we must turn from sinful desires and depend on God’s power through His Holy Spirit to live for Him alone.
4. How do we keep in step with the Spirit?
5. What happens when we get out of step with the Spirit?
i) We quench the Spirit’s Fire.
ii) We grieve the Holy Spirit.
1. If you could change one personality trait in yourself, what would you change? Discuss why.
2. What is the biggest change that being a Christian has made in your life? Discuss what has made that difference.
3. Read Galatians 5:16-18. What is our natural tendency as fallen human beings? What spiritual battles rage within us? How do we practically live by the Spirit? (John 6:33; 8:31-32 Romans 15:1-32).
4. Name some of the ways we grieve the Holy Spirit. Discuss what action we should take to put it right.
5. Discuss what causes you to “blow your gasket”. How should you remedy this part of your life?
6. What grade would you give yourself from 1-10 on putting Ephesians 3:29 into practice this past week? Be honest in your discussion.
7. What does it mean to “keep in step with the Spirit? Look up John 15:5. Discuss.