1. Jesus says there are only two ways of life.
2. Jesus says His way is harder.
3. Jesus says there are two gates.
4. Jesus says there are only two destinations.
5. Jesus says the broad road is the way of eternal suicide.
6. Jesus is the Gate, Jesus is the Way, and Jesus is the Life.
7. Jesus says we need to think very carefully how we are going to live and who we are going to follow.
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most memorable part for you?
1. Read Matthew 7:13-14. According to Jesus only two philosophies of life exist, His and the world’s. What thoughts go through your mind when you hear this?
2. In what ways do you think the gate of Christianity is small and the road narrow?
3. In what ways do you see that the world’s gate is wide and its road broad?
4. Why do you think many people dislike the teaching that there is only “one gate” that leads to eternal life? What would you say to that person? What do you think Jesus would say to them?
5. Read Matthew 7:15-20. Why do you think Jesus warns us about false prophets? What do you think is so dangerous about them?
6. Jesus says false teachers are deceptive in appearance. Why do you think they do this and what do you think they are after? Read 2 Peter 2:1-3.
7. Can you think of any false teachers/prophets in your life-time that were all about money, sensuality, and distort the person of Jesus? Please share.
8. What false teachings or prophecies have you heard recently? How could you tell they were false?
9. In Matthew 7 Jesus teaches us that we need to think critically and choose who we follow carefully. How would you rate yourself as a discerning person?
Taking it Home:
Pray that God will help you be a discerning, clear-thinking person in the days we live.