What does God want from us the most?
1. The number one thing God wants from you is your love. (Deuteronomy 6:4)
2. The second thing God wants from you is trust. (1Peter 1:7)
3. Learning to trust in God protects us. (Deuteronomy 32:46-47)
4. Learning to trust God blesses us. (Hebrews 11:6; Proverbs 3:5-6)
5. Trusting God can be hard at times. (1 Peter 4:12)
6. God gives us tests to purify our faith. (1 Peter 1:7)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful
part for you?
1. Read Luke 18:15-17. Why do you think the disciples tried to stop the children from coming to Jesus? What do you think it is about child-like faith that is so important to Jesus? How have you shown this in your life? What type of people do you think struggle with this the most?
2. Read Psalm 20:7; 28:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; 1 Peter 2:16; Romans 4:5; 15:13. Why do you think it is so important to God that we trust Him? Why do you think it is so important to us that we trust Him?
3. How do you think trusting God in your life has protected you and blessed you? How do you think it will?
4. What do you think is the hardest part of trusting in God?
5. Read James 1:2-4; 1 Peter 4:12. How has God tested your faith in the past? How has the testing of your faith produced endurance and spiritual maturity in your life?
6. How do you see God testing people’s faith in this latest pandemic? How do you think He is testing you? What do you think God wants to teach us in all of this?
Taking it Home:
Memorize Proverbs 3:5-6; Psalm 25:4-5