Message Title: The God Who Is All Powerful
Series Title: Knowing God
Genesis 1:1, Psalms 33:6-9, Psalms 62:11, 1 Kings 19:9-13, Jeremiah 9:23-24, John 17:1-3
- God creates everything from nothing.
(Genesis 1:1, Psalms 33:6-9)
- Real power belongs to the Lord God Almighty. (Psalm 62:11)
- God is all-powerful, gentle and humble. (1 Kings 19:12-13, Matthew 11:28-30)
- If God wasn’t powerful we would be in trouble. (Ephesians 1:18-22)
- Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Getting to Know You:
Who is your favorite superhero and why? What powers do they possess?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
Read Genesis 17:1, Psalms 24:10, 46:7, 91:1. How do you define the word “almighty”? What does this word mean to you?
- Read Genesis 1:1, Psalms 33:6-9. When you read these verses, how do they make you feel? When you look at creation itself, what two things stand out to you as displaying God’s awesome power?
- When you ponder the creation of God, you will see that He uses His power to create, bless, and give life to others. How do you think this compares to mankind’s pursuit of power and how we approach or use it? Can you think of some examples? Please share.
- 1 Kings 19:9-13, Matthew 11:28-30. How do you define a bully? What do these verses tell us about the nature of God?
- Can you think of a time when God gently pulled you aside to remind you of His Power and Presence in your life so as to encourage you? Please share.
- Can you think of a time in your life when God chose not to demonstrate His power the way you asked and wanted Him to? How did that make you feel? Why do you think He did that and what did He teach you in the process?
- Read Ephesians 1:18-22. What word or phrase jumps out to you in these scriptures? What do you think Paul is trying to tell us in his prayer?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?