Message Title: Life in the Spirit
Series: Romans 8
- The first blessing of salvation is no condemnation. (Rom 8:1)
- The second blessing of salvation is liberation. (Rom 8:2-4)
- Jesus did not bring us to a new set of rules, but access to a new relationship.
- Jesus paid it all for us on the cross and paved the way for the Holy Spirit to dwell inside us! (Rom 8:2-4)
- Life in the Spirit is about focus. (Rom 8:5-8)
- Life in the Spirit is not about earning, but learning and it takes effort.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Getting to Know You:
Who would you say is the most influential person you have ever met?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read Romans 8. As you read this chapter, what positive things do you see come from our life in Jesus?
- From verses 1-4, how would you explain the Gospel to someone who feels they are not “good enough” for God?
- In verses 5-11, what does Paul say about the options Christians have in living their life?
- Read Col 3:1-5. Why do you think it is so important to God that we set our heart and mind on things above? What practical benefit is there?
- How have you seen the benefits of this play out in your life?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?