Message Title:Conquering Through Everlasting Love
Series: Romans 8
The good news of who we are in Christ:
- We are not under condemnation (Rom 8:1)
- We live under a new law of relationship in the Holy Spirit. (Rom 8:2-14)
- We are adopted into God’s family as His child. (Rom 8:15-17)
- God is going to resurrect us and all creation one day in glory. (Rom 8:19-21)
- The Holy Spirit intercedes for us in prayer. (Rom 8:26)
- All things work together for good to those who love God. (Rom 8:28)
- God is making you more like his Son every day. (Rom 8:29)
- In Jesus, we are more than conquers. (Rom 8:37)
- Nothing can separate us from God’s love. (Rom 8:38-39)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Getting to Know You:
When you look back on your life who would you say are the 4 people that loved you the most?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read Romans 8. As you read this chapter, what section is most meaningful to you and why?
- Read vs 31-32. What do you think Paul is talking about in regard to “all things”?
- Read vs 35-37. What do you think Paul is referring to about us being conquerors? Please share?
- Read Acts 7:54-60. Steve was the first martyr for his faith in Jesus. Would you say in these verses he was defeated or that he was a conqueror? Why or why not.
- As you reflect on your spiritual journey, how have you been more than a conqueror in Christ as you’ve walked with Him?
- Read vs 38-39. What do you think God is trying to tell you in these verses? How does this passage effect your life? How do you think it should?
Taking it Home: