Message Title: Fellowship
1 John 1:1-4
- Fellowship refers to those who share in a deep common bond of experiential
- Christian fellowship flows from the Divine, washing over the human soul, that constitutes utterly unparalleled life.
- Christian fellowship happens in
- The Early Church worshipped in the temple
- The Early Church fellowshipped in their homes.
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Getting to Know You:
Have you ever been in an earthquake? Where were you and what did you do? How did it make you feel?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read 1 John 1:1-4. What emotion do you sense from John the Apostle in these verses? Why do you think that is?
- When was the last time you had the opportunity to explain Jesus to someone and how did that make you feel?
- If your child asked you to explain what “fellowship” means how would you explain it to them?
- Read Acts 2:41-42. Christian Fellowship has always been an important component of our spiritual experience in following Jesus. Why do you think so many Christians choose to live out their Christian faith without pursuing fellowship in their lives?
- When was the last time Christian fellowship really had an important impact on your life?
- Read 1 Timothy 3:15. Pastor Frank spoke about the importance of foundations especially during earthquakes. What was the last personal earthquake you experienced in your life and how did God use your relationships in the Church to get you through it?
- Read John 13:34-35. How have you seen Christians fellowshipping together be a witness to unbelievers. Please share.
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?