Message Title: Follow Jesus and Join the Movement
Mark 12:30-31, Matthew 4:18-19, Matthew 28:18-20, John 21:15
- I follow Jesus because He first loved (1 John 4:19)
- I follow Jesus in loving other people. (Mark 12:31, John 13:34-35)
Someone said, “People who hurt people are hurting people.
The Opposite is true for Christians… “People who love people are loved people.”
- I follow Jesus into the world because He loves the nations. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Love Jesus and follow Him. (John 21:15)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday:
Getting to Know You:
How many countries have you visited in your life? Which one was your favorite and why? What are the people like?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- What do you think are the differences between a movement and a social club?
- Read John 21:1-15. Who do you think are the “these” that Jesus was talking about? Most commentaries believe that the “these” are the fish. Peter had denied Jesus in Jerusalem and now he is back in Galilee doing what he did before meeting Jesus, fishing. Have you ever seen people follow Jesus for a season, and then go back to their old lives? Why do you think they do this and how do you think this makes Jesus feel?
- Has this ever happened in your faith Journey with Jesus? What are the “these” in your life before you met Jesus?
- Pastor Jonathan used the phrase on Sunday. “People who hurt people are hurting people, and people who love people are loved people”. Do you believe this is true? How have you seen this played out in other people’s lives and in your own?
- How has Christ’s love changed you?
- When you reflect back on your life, how do you love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength?
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-10. Generosity is connected in loving. How has God been generous with you? How do you love generously in your life?
- Read Matthew 28:18-20. In the Great Commission, Christ called us to disciple others. How do you apply this in your life? Are you thinking of mentoring someone for the Lord? Who?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?