Message Title: Luke and Christmas
Luke 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:3-9
Who was Luke?
- Highly educated doctor and faithful friend of Paul. (Colossians 4:14; Philippians 2:4; 2 Timothy 4:11)
- He was a Gentile convert from Antioch.
- He became a missionary with Paul.
- He was a writer. (Luke 1:1-4)
- Without Luke’s Gospel, we would know a lot less about Christmas.
- God’s ways are higher than ours.
- It gives God honor and glory when you trust Him!
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
What is your favorite Christmas song?
Looking back on last Sunday’s message and your notes, what was the most meaningful part for you?
- Read Mt 1:18-2:12. What do you learn about the birth of Jesus from these verses?
- Read Lk 1-2:18. What do you learn about the birth of Jesus in these verses that wasn’t in the Gospel of Matthew?
- Read 1 Peter 1:3-9. What does this teach you about how God values your faith in Him?
- Do you like it when people trust you? What does this say about you and the people who trust you?
Thank God this week for the good things He has done and continues to do in your life.