Message Title: Seeds of Betrayal, Depths of Love
Series: The Last 24 Hours
Matthew 26:14-16; John 13:21-30
Who was Judas:
- Judas was the popular name of a famous war hero in the time of Jesus.
- He was the only disciple from Judea.
- He was the treasurer for the ministry of the Son of God.
- He was an awesome actor/hypocrite.
- He followed Jesus to gain personal wealth and power.
What does Judas tell us about Jesus?
- Jesus loved and cared for Judas until the end.
- Jesus sees the heart of all
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
When you are troubled, what symptoms show on your face and in your spirit?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- What do you think Jesus was trying to teach Judas by washing his feet before he identified him as a betrayer? What do you think He is trying to teach us?
- Read Mark 14:17-19. Why do you think they asked Him this question?
- Read Psalm 139:23-24. How do you think this verse applies to the last question?
- If you knew ahead of time that someone would stab you in the back, how would you treat that person? What does Jesus teach us about heavenly love with His dealings with Judas?
- Read Matthew 26:17-25, 1 Corinthians 11:27-18. It appears that Jesus identified Judas and had him leave before He instituted the Lord’s Supper. Why do you think that is? What does this teach us about how we should approach communion today?
- Read Philippians 3:4-11. Many theologians say that Paul was Jesus’ chosen replacement for Judas as the 12th If this is so, how would you compare the two?
- What do you think Judas teaches us to watch out for in ourselves and in the church?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?