Message Title: Heroes of Faith
Series: Heavenly Heroes
Key verses: Hebrews 11:1-7
Faith is an active trust in God, not a hunch, opinion, or emotion. Heb. 11:1-3
- Faith means offering a better sacrifice. Heb. 11:4; Gen. 4:1-8
- Faith means living like God exists and believing He’s a loving Father. Heb. 11:5-6; Gen. 5:21-24
- Faith means obeying and living in contrast to the world. Heb. 11:7; Gen. 5:32-9:29
Follow up questions from Sunday:
Icebreaker: Do you use social media? If not, why not? If you do, how does it make you feel when you get “likes” or friend requests?
- Read Hebrews 11:1-3. Why is it difficult to have faith in something you can’t see? Read John 14:5-9. How does knowing Jesus help us to trust God’s loving plan for our lives?
- Read Heb. 11:4, Romans 12:1. What is your biggest distraction from offering God your very best? What are some ways that you can offer God more of your life than you do right now?
- Read Luke 21:1-4. God cares about the heart of the giver, not the amount that is given. Why do you think the sacrifices we make mean so much to God?
- Read Gen. 5:22-24. This is all we know about Enoch, but his faithfulness and walk with the Lord caused God to remove him from the earth before he died. What does this suggest about the importance of walking with God? How can you walk with God more closely?
- Read Gen. 7:1. Why was Noah saved, along with his family? Read 2 Peter 3:10-13. Why should we not get drawn into the same mistakes as everyone else? How does this help you not to be influenced by the opinions of the non-Christian world?