Message Title: What’s Your Purpose in Life?
Series: Reasons for God
1 Timothy 1:13-14, Rom 8:28-29, Philippians 3:12-14, Hebrews 12:1-2, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Luke 9:23-26
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
What is the most memorable conversion testimony that stands out in your mind? Please share.
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, what was the most memorable part of the McBride’s testimony last Sunday?
- Read 1 Timothy 1:13-14. Contrast Paul’s life before he became an apostle and after. Why is change an essential part in following Jesus?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17. What does it mean to be a new creation? How would you describe the process of being a new creation?
- Romans 8:28-29. What is the one thing you remember God changed in your life when you first became a follower of Jesus? How did that change come about? Why is that change so significant?
- Philippians 3:12-14. Hebrews 12:1-2. The Christian life is a work in progress, and it’s hard work. From your experience what are the things that can hinder your spiritual growth? Explain.
- Luke 9:23-26. Following Jesus costs something? What was your hesitation before becoming a Christian? What convinced you that it was worth the cost?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?
Please pray that this message series will challenge our congregation to share their conversion testimony to their neighbors and friends.