Message Title: The Testimony of a Possessed Man
Isaiah 9:1-2; Mark 5:1-20
- The heart of Jesus is to seek and save the lost. (Isaiah 9:1-2; Mark 5:1-6)
- Testimonies are powerful. (Mark 5:19-20)
Why 12 baskets on the Jewish side and 7 on the Gentile side?
- The heart of Jesus is to seek and save the Jewish
- The heart of Jesus is to seek and save the Gentile
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Getting to Know You:
What is the most frequent app that you use?
Looking back on last Sunday message and your notes, what was the most memorable part for you?
- Read Isaiah 9:1-2. What does this prophecy say about the coming Messiah’s ministry?
- Read Isaiah 9:6-7. What does this prophecy say about the Messiah Himself?
- Have everyone in your group read one verse of Mark 5:1-20 out loud. What do you think these verses teach us about the person of Jesus? How can we know Jesus better from these verses?
- What is the most dramatic transformation you have seen Jesus Christ work in a person’s life? Please share.
- Why do you think the people were afraid when they saw the man who had been possessed “sitting there dressed and in his right mind” (verse 15)? Why do you think they asked Jesus to leave?
- Read Mark 5:18-20. When this person went back to his family and home town and told them what good things the Lord had done for him and how God had mercy on him, what do you think their feelings and responses were?
- When you reflect on Jesus words in verse 19, what great things has the Lord done for you? How has He showed mercy on you? Who was the last person you have told this to?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?
Please pray that this message series will impact people’s lives, especially as each person is processing and thinking through their own testimony of Jesus and how they can be sharing it with others.