Message Title: Peace
Series: Following Jesus into the Summer
John 14:27; Romans 5:1-2; Romans 12:18; Matthew 5:9
- True peace begins with you and your Creator. (Romans 5:1-2)
- Peace with yourself happens from the inside (Ephesians 1:1-14)
- Peace with ourselves originates from our understanding of who we are in Christ. (Ephesians 1:1-14)
- Peace with ourselves happens when we forgive (Ephesians 4:31-32)
- People at peace can help bring peace to others. (Romans 12:18, Mt 5:9)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read John 14:27. How do you think the peace of Jesus is different than the peace that the world brings?
- Read 1 John 1:5; Habakkuk 1:13; Exodus 20:1-17; Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:1-2; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21. When you ponder the holiness of God and what Jesus did for you on the cross, how does it make you feel?
- Read Ephesians 1:1-14. When did you come to appreciate all that God has done for you in Christ Jesus? How does knowing that you are adopted by God change your view of yourself and God? When you read this list of blessings in your life, which ones are the most meaningful to you? Which one do you struggle the most with?
- Read Ephesians 4:31-32. How much sin do you think God has forgiven you in your life? How does this help you in choosing to forgive others? Is there anybody in your life right now that you need to forgive? Say these verses out loud and tell God that you choose to forgive this person for what they have done to you. Ask God to help you find freedom from this event and find peace in Him.
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?